Home Security Tribal Chief in Puncak Papua Strongly Condemns Action of Armed Separatist Group...

Tribal Chief in Puncak Papua Strongly Condemns Action of Armed Separatist Group KKB | by Lerry P.

170
0

Lerry P. | Papuan Student

Tribal chief in Ilaga Village, Puncak Regency, Papua, Abeloni Tabuni condemned the action of the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) which shot eight employees of Palapa Timur Telematics (PPT) to death.

The KKB attack occurred on Wednesday (2/3/2022) in Kago Village, Ilaga District, Puncak Regency, Papua. One of the victims of the KKB named Beby Tabuni, is the son of Abeloni.

Abeloni denied KKB’s claim that 8 PTT employees, including their children, were members of the TNI/Polri. He explained that his son worked every day to install and repair the tower network.

He also criticized KKB’s activities against the people of Puncak Regency. He also asked KKB to leave its territory and not to return. Abeloni also appealed to local residents to criticize and oppose the KKB action.

“So, the OPM from Intan Jaya made a big mistake, don’t come here again, Puncak Regency, don’t bother us”

Previously, eight employees of PT Palapa Timur Telematika were shot dead by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) in Beoga District, Puncak Regency, Papua on Wednesday (2/3/2022). The PPT company also released the names of 8 employees who were victims of the KKB, quoted from his official Instagram, @palapatimur.

They are Billy Garibaldi, Renal Tegasye, Bona Simanullang, Bebi Tabuni, Jamaluddin, Syahril Nurdiandyah, Ino and Eko Septiansyah.

Meanwhile, there is one employee who survived named Nelson.

The death of the 8 employees was even confirmed by the KKB itself, the Free Papua Organization (OPM). Spokesman for the West Papua National Liberation Army – Free Papua Organization (TPNPB – OPM) Sebby Sambom said the eight employees of PT Palapa Timur Telematika who died were part of the TNI-Polri. Sebby said TPNPB was fully responsible for the shooting incident.

“There is no reason to justify that they are civilians. Because TPNPB has announced that civilians will immediately leave the war area, so those who were shot were all members of the TNI-Polri,” Sebby said in his statement, Friday (4/3/2022) quoted from the Papua Tribune.

He also added that the war gongs had been sounded, and the KOMNAS TPNPB-OPM Headquarters issued a stern warning that all immigrants should immediately leave the war zone, and all forms of development be vacated.

“The war order was announced by the TPNPB General Operations Commander Major General Lekagak Telenggen in 2017 in Jambi, Puncak Jaya, Papua,” he said.

Tribunnews.com reported that eight employees of PT Palaparing Timur Telematika (PTT) died after being attacked by KKB in Kago Village, Ilaga District, Puncak Regency, Papua.

It is known, the attack occurred on Wednesday (2/3/2022), precisely at 13.00 WIT. According to the Head of Information for Kodam XVII/Cenderawasih, Colonel Inf. Aqsha Erlangga, the attack occurred while workers were repairing Telkomsel’s Tower Base Transceiver Station (BTS) 3.

This attack was initially revealed from the CCTV footage of PTT’s tower. The CCTV footage shows one worker who survived the KKN attack. The worker with the initials NS seemed to be asking for rescue assistance at Tower BTS 3.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here